Alzheimer’s Caregivers New Year Resolutions:
Entering the new year of 2016, I resolve to do the following:
For My Care Recipient
- Make the life of a loved one with Alzheimer’s just a little more comfortable.
- Spend a little more time each week with them.
- Create an opportunity for reconnection to my loved one by viewing family photos, listening to their musical favorites or sharing a dance together.
For Another Caregiver
- Perform one random act of kindness for a fellow Caregiver.
- Share a lighthearted personal caregiving story to let another Caregiver know there can be humor found in the most stressful of situations.
- Let another Caregiver know they are not alone.
- Take one uninterrupted hour out of each day just for me to recharge and refresh.
- Make my own physical and mental health more of a priority.
- I will eat a balanced diet and exercise three times a week for at least 20 minutes, even if it is just a gentle walk through my neighborhood.
By focusing on just a few of these resolutions, I will keep balance in my life. This will allow me to provide better care for my loved one without sacrificing everything that brings joy into my own life. It’s ok to be just a little selfish when the result is a healthier, happier me.
Sign up to receive our free Caregiver Toolkit; it includes videos from leading Alzheimer’s training experts, helpful caregiving tips and more at www.alzheimersmusicconnect.com. You can also purchase our patent-pending, technologically enhanced music from our store.