What We Do
Utilizing a patent pending process for enhancing carefully selected music, Alzheimer’s Music Connect has developed a non-pharmaceutical product capable of relaxing Patients while providing valuable respite for their Caregivers.
Ron Gregory, our founder and President, was compelled to start the company based on his desire to find a way to help his mother, an Alzheimer’s sufferer, other than just giving her more medication.
Our medical research revealed that our enhanced music has the following effects on people with Alzheimer’s:
- Amplified brain activity in the frontal or parietal lobe;
- Greater alertness to the present moment;
- Demonstrated calmness and contentment;
- Singing or humming along with the music;
- Increased symmetrical brain activity.
Our in home usage tests revealed that our enhanced music has the following results for the Caregivers of an Alzheimer’s sufferer:
- The Caregivers witnessed significant and very positive improvement in behavior;
- The positive improvement in behavior lasted nearly three hours;
- All the Caregivers were able to take a personal break during this time;
- The personal break time lasted nearly two hours;
- 100% of all the Caregivers indicated they would recommend Alzheimer’s Music Connect enhanced CDs to other Caregivers, medical professionals and support groups.